If you resonate to the majority of these characteristics, you may be an ADULT INDIGO:
* Are very creative and enjoy making things.
* Always need to know WHY (especially why they are being asked to do something).
* Had disgust and perhaps loathing for the inanity of much of the required work in school, the repetition.
* Were rebellious in school, refusing to do homework, rejecting authority of teachers OR seriously wanted to rebel, but didn't DARE, usually due to parental pressure.
* May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings while still in high school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult.
* Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs - resistance to authority and caste system of employment.
* Prefer cooperative efforts or leadership position or solo if expertise is valued.
* Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.
* Extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding) - to no expression of emotion (full shielding).
* May have trouble with RAGE.
* Have trouble with most systems (either emotionally, mentally, or physically): political, educational, medical, law.
* Alienation from politics - feeling your voice won't count and that the outcome really doesn't matter anyway.
* Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream - 9-5 career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.
* Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at "Big Brother watching you."
* They feel a need like a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world. May be stymied what to do.
* Have psychic or spiritual interest fairly young - in or before teen years.
* Had few if any Indigo role models.
* Have strong intuition.
* Random behavior pattern or mind style - (symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder), may have trouble focusing on a task unless of OWN choosing, may jump around in conversations.
* Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, hearing voices.
* Sexually expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom. May explore alternate types of sexuality.
* Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world. May seek this through religion, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups or books, or individually.
* If they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy lightworkers.