Tuesday, June 19, 2012
DryBath Personal Hygiene Option for individidual and world health
This is AMAZING! I have to say that this young man's initiative and idea may save thousands--or more--lives!
DryBath™- No more bathing!
DryBath™ is the world's first germicidal Bath-substituting™ skin gel...you apply it on, and then you don't need to bathe! It will provide personal hygiene to the over 2 billion people without clean water.
Headboy Industries Inc.
http://www.headboy.org firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dellchallenge.org/%40TheHeadboy http://www.dellchallenge.org/Ludwick%20Marishane
It provides a waterless bathing solution that will save valuable water for the rich, and lives for the poor!
DryBath™ is the world's first germicidal Bath-substituting™ skin lotion/gel. Just apply DryBath™ to your skin and you’re done! You no longer need a bath!
Marketing Strategy / Product Commercialisation
The strategy that we will be launching with is to sell DryBath™ to corporate clients. And for every sachet of DryBath™ that they buy, we will donate a free or subsidised sachet of DryBath™ to our global charity partners.
We will sell DryBath™ in 25ml sachets (enough to replace one bath) for USD0.50 to households, and for USD1.50 to corporate clients. We have identified the following corporate clients who have a compelling need for DryBath™:
1. Airlines: They will provide DryBath™ to the passengers on their long-distance flights. We are already in negotiations with British Airways to get a lucrative contract from them.
2. Hotels: As a method to save water, hotels currently require their visitors to re-use their towels. By providing their clients with DryBath™, the hotels could save even more water by skipping the bath. The Accor Group of hotels approached us to see the viability of providing DryBath™ in their mid to low-end hotels/motels.
3. Armies: They incur great costs to provide water to soldiers
4. Charities: For in disaster situations, we have already established a global partnership with Oxfam and WaterAid.
5. Retailers: Selling on retail will be capital intensive, and we plan to do it in 5-6 years. We may consider licensing the product to established FMCGs like Unilever to let them roll it out.
Ludwick Marishane is a 4th-year commerce student from South Africa. He is currently rated as the best student entrepreneur in the world (Global Champion of the Global Student Entrepreneurs Awards 2011). He is the founder & Chief of Headboy Industries Inc, and is his country’s youngest patent-holder after having invented DryBath™. Google has named him as one of the 12 brightest young minds in the world, and he is studying a BBusSc-Finance & Accounting degree at the prestigious University of Cape Town. Ludwick grew up in rural Limpopo, where he invented DryBath™ at the age of 17.
SUPPLEMENTAL RESPONSE SECTION FOR CLEARLY ANSWERING FIVE PROJECT QUESTIONS
What is your innovation?
DryBath™ is the world's first germicidal Bath-substituting™ skin lotion/gel. Just apply DryBath™ to your skin and you’re done! You no longer need a bath! It moisturises the skin, kills germs, and leaves the user smelling fresh. DryBath™ was made to save the lives of the over 2 billion destitute people who suffer and often die from easily treatable diseases like trachoma. DryBath™ is an innovation, because it tackles the hygiene & water consumption problems in a new manner.
Who gains the most?
DryBath™ is a rich man's convenience, and a poor man's lifesaver. 3. 500-million people are at risk of trachoma; 146 million of them are threatened by blindness; 8-million people are visually impaired because of trachoma. Trachoma is caused by a lack of adequate face-washing. Better personal hygiene would decrease people's risk to it by about 27%.